RCU Forums - View Single Post - Things that would be interesting to know - "Taj-Muncie" usage
Old 12-09-2018, 07:16 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie

Dave, you are correct, I have no favor for Franklin. Not because of the facts he brings forward but because of his motives. Perhaps if you could demonstrate one single positive thing he has done for the hobby I would soften my stance on this. As far as suspended accounts are concerned on RCG, I have one there myself. Moderation there is quite bias IMO. I was tagged as a Troll account after over 1,000 posts and a build thread with over 10,000 hits. That build thread now sits at 12,600 hits. I agree that I am not always the most popular guy but how they were able to claim Troll account after so many posts and a build thread is beyond me.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-scratch-build
Since it's been brought up , I'll address the situation at RCG .

I too have a banned account at RCG , and I don't believe that affects my credibility here or anywhere else one bit ! My banning came because when I was brand new to posting on chat forums I caught an HK shill red handed , the guy had two different accounts and forgot to "change his socks" while tormenting a poor HK customer who had gotten the usual HK screwing over . The shill posted as KCV6 (who himself was eventually banned , how's THAT for HK's loyalty toward employees for ya ?) and had a second account where he pretended to be a woman , "Chrissy 42" , and he had slipped up and made a post as Chrissy42 but referring to himself as his KCV6 persona . I took screen shots of the whole thing and had a couple very interesting PMs with the site's owner , Mr. Jim Bourke himself , and was promptly banned for providing air tight evidence of what was going on at his site . Little did I know at the time that of course the site owner was firmly , financially , in HK's pocket and pointing out the rotten , rulebreaking actions of the site's primary sponsor's shills was strictly verbotten . I never did return there and to this day have no active account there , why would I willingly provide content to a site that allows shills to openly break it's own rules to further the financial interests of the site's primary sponsor (Mr. Anthony Hand , owner of HK) ?

Now , as to Franklin , I have followed his posts and long ago came to the conclusion that he , coming from a military aviation background , has two ingrained personality traits ; #1 a very strong sense of personal accountability and #2 a very strong interest in aviation safety . That he demands accountability from people he's paying money to (the AMA) comes as no real surprise as I'd bet he does hold himself to the same standards , and as to the safety issue I'll bet he "practices what he preaches" as well . When he posted the video of what was going on at Markham field in Florida (AKA "Mayhem field") it surely did open my eyes to the fact that it's not just "rogue operators" endangering the public by flying FPV equipped turbine powered models over populated residential areas and highways , our own fellow AMA members were the guilty parties in the video , and this brought inquiries from AMA officials in that area . The man saw a safety deficiency , reported it , and corrective action was taken , how ever could such actions be seen as bad for the hobby ? Bad maybe for the people who would put the public at risk while they fly unsafely (likely with that vapid "Highway to the danger zone" song playing in their heads) whether they are AMA members or not .....

Last edited by init4fun; 12-09-2018 at 07:18 AM.