RCU Forums - View Single Post - Recommendation for turbine !!!
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2018, 02:03 PM
tassos p

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ponyXpress
Great thread! I'm new to the jet engine scene and I have questions.

I'm looking to build a rc on-road vehicle with a jet turbine engine. As of now, it's looking like a 1/8th scale car or perhaps a truck. The weight of the vehicle is likely to be around 30 - 40 lbs with everything installed.

I'm looking for a complete jet engine kit, meaning it has everything I need to start it on a test bench and into the rc vehicle. The vehicle will be powered by the thrust only, no drive train (no power to the wheels).

I love the poll you all did here, really helps narrow down the engine options. I'm thinking of going with the Kingtech k100G2. Not only was it rated high here, but 22lbs of thrust at a cost of under $2k is seems good.

Until I was directed to this thread, I was looking at the WREN turbines from the UK. Those are a complete kit as well, and with the exchange rate, cost is around $2400. for the 100D.

I welcome advice from the experts here.
I will be selling my Jetcat P180 (2012 model) soon - 200N (45lb) thrust at much lower than 2k$ price. Amazing engine but you can't find it anymore on the market. Weighs around 6lb. Bought it 4.5k$ in 2012 and I'm the first owner. Can't go wrong with Jetcat.

Currently I own 10 x Jetcat Engines never had a single issue.

If interested pm me.