RCU Forums - View Single Post - Xicoy - LG15 Gyro Controlled Brakes
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2018, 10:33 AM
tucson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tip22v
Thanks Stan. It's not as organized as I would like but most of the needed info is there. I still need to add a step 7 that outlines how to "teach" your radio settings (Gear UP, Gear DOWN, Min Brakes, Max Brakes) and step 8 that describes how to set the cutoff amperage for your retracts. Hopefully, I will get to that later this week.

While working on this I discovered another potential issue. If you are using another gyro for pitch, roll, and yaw stabilization (e.g. iGyro, Cortex etc.) then you need to make sure the rudder channel feeding the LG15 is NOT stabilized. If it is, you will be in a situation where you have one gyro feeding another gyro, which essentially will disable (not sure to what degree yet) the gain settings on the LG15.
i am using a cortex gyro. it is not the pro version. so steering i know is not affected. the rudder servo plugs into the cortex and then into the receiver.
so you are saying that would be a problem. i haven't noticed any yaw problems while flying. i am using seperate channels for rudder and steering in the lg-15. so the rudder shouldn't be a problem. am i correct in my thinking?
thanks
stan