RCU Forums - View Single Post - Saito FG-60R3
Thread: Saito FG-60R3
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2018, 08:06 AM
aquaskiman
My Feedback: (46)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cathurga
Frankly, I don’t see how it is going to prove anything further than what other people have stated. I believe two people have already measured the difference in the timing of cyl’s 2&3. It appears that if the hub timing is 120 deg apart exactly, it causes the timing on 2 to be advanced by 6 deg and retarded by around the same on cyl 3. Going to the trouble of stripping an ignition units cables, creating a negative earth on the engine (plugs don’t have an earth once you’ve remove the sheath) to get a spark and then getting a timing wheel installed to run on the engines, marking all the relevant points to reference the timing light etc, is NOT going to prove anything more than whatever has been proven.
know this though, the timing on this engine is advanced, from the factory, at around 50deg BTDC. This is WRONG.
Aquaskiman, you got rid of all your engines because they all grenaded, right? Do you have any other engines that you have had destroy themselves in this manner? I would like to try and determine whether you have a tendency to abuse/maltreat/misuse engines and I am pretty sure I will not find such a tendency. You operate engines in accordance of manufacturer spec, and the result in all cases but this engine, is that they run well/better without exploding.
the manufacturer of THESE engines used guesswork and statistical deductions to determine spark timing, not scientific methods.

Lets see see how long my engines last, you all get to laugh, point at me and ridicule me when I come back here one day with a pile of scrap. And I WILL report it all to you when it happens.
My engine broke the main rod. It was broke in as per instructions and turning a 22X10 prop. running oil mixed as per instructions. As far as other engines I have engines that are over 25 yrs old YS OS Zenoah and others. So no I do not abuse engines!