RCU Forums - View Single Post - please help me identify this
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2018, 03:42 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

After doing some searching it would appear you may have a Chip Hyde products Extra 330. I wasn't aware that he did a smaller version then the 34% pictured but he may have. The CHP ARF was very close to the Colombo Anderson kits in outline with the CHP being all built up. I have included a picture of the 34% so you can see the similarities. As far as CG is concerned, the red mark shown in your pictures looks to be a bit too far forward. I would set the CG maybe a 1/4" to 3/8" forward of where the multi colored triangle graphic meets the fuselage. That would give you a good safe starting point. When it comes to fine tuning the CG I am of the school that the airplane will safely fly with somewhat a large range but depending on your expectations on performance can get rather narrow. If you want a good IMAC sequence airplane, then the CG should be adjusted for good knife edge tracking. Too far forward and the airplane needs to carry up trim, in knife edge this translates to pulling towards the canopy. Likewise with too far back that would need down trim and then pull towards the gear in knife edge. I like to set up the airplane to track straight while in knife edge, this also ends up giving me a good break into spin entries as well. Too far back and the airplane will like to mush around and not stall cleanly. All this of course assumes that your thrust line and incidences are correct. My 38% version few best with the engine at zero up or down thrust, 3 degrees of right, wing set at .5 degrees positive and stab set to zero. The canopy rail is your zero reference. Hope this helps some.