RCU Forums - View Single Post - Q-Tee Build Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2018, 10:58 AM
tewitt1949

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am a big advocate for the Q-tee's. I've had 2-4 at all times. Started back in the 80's with .049's. Although the old motors are really not available anymore don't hurt my feelings. I've modified most q-tees to electric and there fore a smaller fuselage as I don't need all the room. I never thought I'd say this because I'm a nitro guy at heart, but electric in a q-tee is much more enjoyable. They are lighter and much more powerful. I only modify the front of the fuse, all other parts are same size as original. I think orginally the front of the fuse is about 3 inches square. I made it about 2 inches square and about 2 1/2 inches longer from the wing foreword. That allows better balance for the lighter motor. If I was capable of hovering, it would do it and take it straight up, yet goes very slow with throttle. I've also made a wing with ailerons. It did fly good but was not as enjoyable and easy to fly. I use it in our club competition fun flys and it does very well. No wheels, just bounce it off the ground for touch and goes. I've been flying for 35 yrs and I still fly them all the time.

What do you mean by spoiler?