RCU Forums - View Single Post - Everything I enjoy about the hobby is crumbling.
Old 12-26-2018, 06:49 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 175 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by fliers1
Unfortunately, I won't count on any clubs at all. It's got so bad here, there are no more mall shows anymore. I've offered to volunteer my help to all clubs in the area, but they all turned me down.
It is do it their way (which has proven to not work all that well) or don't bother us with your way. This is a whole can of worms that I don't wish to open again. BTW, this has been the attitude in clubs that I was a member.
Last summer one club had a club picnic and fun fly and only 4 members showed up.

Thats really sad to hear about.IMO that falls squarely on the club officers. Unfortunately in some cases the guy getting elected is the only guy who stepped forward. I am lucky in that the clubs that I have associated with have been run very well. Not that everything has been roses, there are always those couple guys in each club that have been given some empowerment within the club but don't have the head for it. As for myself I wish I had the time to take on a club position but that will have to wait until I retire. For now when that one young person who comes along that needs some guidance and maybe a few pieces of equipment I will do what I can. Get one young person involved and hopefully their enthusiasm will spread to a friend or two.