RCU Forums - View Single Post - Xicoy - LG15 Gyro Controlled Brakes
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2018, 07:19 AM
Len Todd

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

I am thinking about removing the magnets in the hub. Then it won't take nearly full power to get the disks moving toward the electro-magnet. But, I have posed the problem and my theory of the potential design problem to Dirk to see what he says. So I'll wait until a couple days after the holidays to see if he answers and what that answer may be. My prolink gear on the UFlash do not have magnets in the hub. It still took a lot of trial and error, a little machining and some sanding to get them matched up so they would brake evenly. But I still ended up having to put an LG 13 on them to keep them from locking up. It sounds like the LG 15 might help on both planes. But, I want to solve the obvious mechanical issue on the T-one before I dump more $s into either plane. Of course, if the markets make a fantastic recovery, then maybe I'll celebrate with a couple new brake controllers. These early versions of electric brakes are certainly compromises compared to what is out there for air operated brakes, and the component assemblers do NOT take any time to take the rough edges off the stamped and threaded components. If I do go to LG 15s, then I understand that I have to ditch the 2S LiPo on the gear.