RCU Forums - View Single Post - The Poop has hit the fan !
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2018, 09:15 PM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hydro Junkie
Not all of us have the benefit of California sun at this time of the year. Just up the coast, we've had high winds, almost monsoon like rain, tornadoes and highs that have been lucky to break 40 degrees over the past month. It's been so cold that I've had to hold off on working on toys due to the temperature variation's affect on wood. In less than an hour, a piece of balsa I cut in my garage contracted almost 1/8th of an inch yesterday evening. It expanded that much just by warming it up in the house in roughly the same amount of time
BTW, I know you're not including me in the RCG comment as I don't have or want a membership there
Concur. It's a totally unscientific observation, but it sure does seem to more enthusiastic AMA supporters in the warm weather states. Which makes sense I suppose, more opportunity to fly more often, thus better "bang for the buck" when it comes to club investments etc.

On the other hand, I shot skeet in the rain the other day. One of the wettest years on record here in PA.