RCU Forums - View Single Post - While AMA talks, FAA acts...
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2019, 05:18 AM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
What this says is that all recreational R/C pilots are currently flying under section 336 which does not allow the FAA to intruduce new laws. Section 336 goes back to AC 91-57 that makes the 400' altitude limit nothing more then an advisory. The new Reauthorization act can not go into affect until the FAA can come up with a plan to enforce the new regulations and demonstrate that plan to congress. In the meantime section 336 and AC-91-57 is what we are currently bound to. This is not me against Franklin a you put it, Im simply doing what I feel is best for the hobby. Spreading false or heavily bias information is not what is best for the hobby.

This states it all, since the re authorization act has NOT gone into effect YET we are flying to section 336 which refers us to the wording in AC-91-57 that states 400' altitude is an ADVISORY. We have been flying traditional R/C since the early 1980's under AC-91-57 and well above 400'. Show me where anyone has been convicted or even sited for flying over 400'