RCU Forums - View Single Post - FAA telling Law Enforcement they CAN act...
Old 01-05-2019, 09:37 AM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 173 Likes on 149 Posts

Do you think you could actually reply to me without an opening statement that efforts minimizing my point of Veiw? I will never claim that you don't " politician " well.

That aside, I agree with the factual part of that post. That is why I ONLY fly at AMA chartered club fields. Most are isolated enough where flying over objects and people really aren't possible. Most times when I talk to a anyone not associated with the hobby they are surprised to the fact that the flying site is even there and we are talking about a club field that has been active for 20+ years.

Now compare that to a guy " you " that just wants to drive down the street to a park for a couple quick flights. If there are houses surrounding the park or school yard, you ARE going to get noticed. Even if you are doing everything correctly it is not going to stop an uniformed resident from picking up the phone. To add to that, many parks in my city/state prohibit UAS of all types. If you would care to let me know the location of where you fly I would be happy to check for you.

Bottom line is that the park flier gains more attention from the general public then us guys at club sites. Not to mention if you have a signal failure with a cheap radio when flying at a park your model could easily do some property damage. Flying from club fields has an exceptional safety record. Dare I say much better then Naval Aviation.