RCU Forums - View Single Post - FAA telling Law Enforcement they CAN act...
Old 01-05-2019, 12:06 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

Sure and I agree that in certain circumstances action is warranted. However I do not feel that action is warranted nor is going to happen if I am practicing my pattern sequence at an AMA sanctioned club field and break 400' 8 times for a few seconds each time during each run through the sequence. I agree that not everyone has the desire or skill to be a competitive pilot but there are many of us who do. It could be argued that the advanced products we have today are a direct result from competition. I am confident although not certain that the AMA and FAA will come to an agreement that allows us to fly at chartered club sites as we have been for decades. If you think about it, that really would be the best solution for all of us. The way I see it the guys who don't want the club atmosphere are flying smaller aircraft and is not handicapped by the 400' limit. Those of us who have the need to fly over 400' will have to do so at club fields. Kinda seems like a win-win for us all. Unless that is if someone does not have any hidden motives. The way I see it is it becomes a " you leave me alone and I will leave you alone" situation. I do have to say that someone who thinks that AMA membership for 75.00 has no value but advocates that buying additional equipment to provide telemetry for many people is a good value.