RCU Forums - View Single Post - ~~SIG Brotherhood ~~
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2019, 02:08 PM
alfalfa51

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply acdii,

I did get the rear doublers installed on the inside. The only gluing I've done to this point is the laminating and the landing gear mount. For now the fuselage is held together with the wedges and the tail is laminated and drilled for the horizontal stabilizer front dowel. I've fabricated and replaced a couple of the fuselage formers near the tail as well as the tail wheel mounting parts and a couple of the horizontal stabilizer mounting pieces. I've done test fitting of the rudder hinges including the removable one, tail wheel mount slot and tab, horizontal stabilizer mount slot and tab all of which I had to do some fabrication to replace the supplied pieces. I will double check the fuselage when I get it back on the bench, but I think it is straight.

Sorry to hear you are disappointed with the performance. I have had a 1/3 scale cub and I expect this to have some of the same characteristics. Like you I have other planes that handle much better than what I imagine this one will. I also fly turbines but this one is intended to cover the opposite end of the range when I'm ready for a slow day.

After I hacked the front wing mount and the center rib, I see what you were talking about with the sloppy fit of the ribs. I will definitely reinforce those joints.

Thank again,
Al