RCU Forums - View Single Post - A-10 scheme, help needed
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2019, 03:59 PM
rcmigpilot
My Feedback: (26)

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by FenderBean
One thing I have always loved about the Hog is all the little things it has for details, for someone like me that loves details like markings and small scale items it’s a awesome project! I always wanted to do one in the old solid OD green with the original shark mouth on it with lots of bombs.
Plus I have a mutual respect for the real guys, they were down in the weeds with us Apache guys taking turns on gun runs spreading metal cheer!
Saw these guys at an airshow in Lafayette, LA in '88 when the 23rd was based at Barksdale AFB in Alexandria, LA. Gotta love the Reagan defence budgets of the go go 80's, they brought the entire squadron and put no less than 5 in the air at the same time. Now that was a demo. Shot a whole roll of film that day on just the A-10s, wish I could find it. Once I maiden my small Skymaster I'm going to repaint it with the proper colors and w/o all the missing insignia and misspellings. If Aviation Jets does the same kind of job on the A-10 as they're doing on the SU-35 you guys will see the Skymaster up for sale.

Last edited by rcmigpilot; 01-15-2019 at 04:11 PM.