RCU Forums - View Single Post - Composite ARF Mig29
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2019, 10:24 AM
David Gladwin

Received 145 Likes on 93 Posts

More work on the Mig today:
Following Levi’s experience I have fitted the Festo pilot valves to the main legs. Downlock is solid, wish I had know about these years ago. Thanks Levi and Shane!

The Futaba A700 servos are in. The control circuit has virtually zero slop and the bolts are captured in the plates I fitted to the tubes very securely. The free movement of the stabs. Is now better but still too much, almost 1/4 inch at the stab. TE.

The only source of this slop HAD to be in the holes for the bolts in the stab. Pivot and so it proved.

The bolts could “rock” just a degree or so as the holes were just a few thou. too large. Even a tiny amount of free play in these bolt holes are magnified many times at the stab. TE. That oversize has been , hopefully, eliminated by putting a wipe of Hysol inside the holes. When dry I will retap. aiming for a totall slop free fit which should lead to minimal slop in the stab.

Cockpit detail well on the way, but need to spend some time cleaning up the mouldings but the abs sidewalls and floor mouldings fit quite well.

Hope this helps you guys.

As for speedbrakes, mine are locked (as are intake doors, open) shut at the moment. The real Mig probably does not use them as the lower blade might contact the runway on landing. The Hawk and Hunter similarly dont use them for landing, loud scraping noises otherwise !
David.

Last edited by David Gladwin; 01-18-2019 at 10:30 AM.