RCU Forums - View Single Post - Clark's 1/16 Cromwell
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2019, 10:09 AM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by herrmill
Jerry,

Not sure what's happening with Aero-Mate. They've seemed to have gone away or, at the very least, deep underground. I saw them 9 years ago at SIME & was very impressed with their product. Again, that other player I sent you, Metal Xu, who makes the 1/16 Panther, KT, JT (DRLM offers) & PzH 2000 offers what appears to be jewelry quality but he's strictly a one man shop.

Regarding the Cromwell Clark mentioned yesterday an early summer release with pricing in the $600 range. I saw he posted also on his M113A1 so would presume that will be out before the first of the Brit tanks.
Yup I'm very buzzed up about a Cromwell, I'd like one of those. Regarding Aero-Mate I was fortunate to get 2 of their Tigers. I purchased a kit directly but also found and rescued a damaged one on ebay which had been fairly abused but responded well to repairs and cleanup. She's a great runner, I may have posted a thread about the repairs. They are/were pricey but their execution was beyond excellent, impressive as you say. They also did some custom work for me to make several sets of 1/10 scale Tiger I engine deck sets and I have to say their excellent work transferred nicely to the larger scale.

I like that Clark is offering their Cromwell with metal tracks, I know metal isn't right for everything but tracks of metal just seem the way to go. I need to pay more attention to Clark's FB posts..

I appreciate the information you have shared regarding this work.

Jerry