RCU Forums - View Single Post - I have a Redcat, should I return it and go a new route?
Old 01-23-2019, 03:19 PM
Doxology87

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have a Redcat, should I return it and go a new route?

I received a RedCat Blackout SC for Christmas... This is my first hobby-level R/C. When it runs, it's great! After the first five runs, however, the motor quit working. I jumped the ESC to confirm that it was indeed burnt. RedCat has been great in sending a replacement motor and after a struggle, I was able to replace the motor. It ran another week before burning again. In the meantime, I have purchased a better charger and an additional larger battery. RedCat support is now telling me that the gear mesh is too tight. When I installed the new motor I put it back in the same place the original was. Based on videos they sent me, the mesh was too tight.

Here's what I need to know. When I get the new motor on Tuesday, will installing it with the proper mesh mean it will actually last more than a couple of weeks before burning again or should I return it to Amazon and throw in more money to get something like an Arrma Senton 4x4? If I did that, could I keep my HX-705 charger and HX-5000MH-B battery and just adapt it to the Arrma? If I couldn't keep those, what charger and second battery should I get?

A friend bought an ECX Torment 4x4 and its motor has burnt as well within a couple weeks... is just something to expect with hobby R/C?

Thanks for any help.