RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hangar 9 Van's RV-4 30cc ARF 85"
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2019, 10:37 AM
Planejaw
My Feedback: (53)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by maukaonyx
I am working on one of these planes now too. Most of my servos and control linkages are in place, just not the throttle one because my next step is installing the DLE-35. Looking for the distance from firewall to prop plate, I found none in the manual. At the early part of this thread, someone said 7". I would just like to confirm that is what everyone else used. It would be especially informational if someone who installed the Evo33 responded since the ARF is set up for that engine. Planenutzz perhaps? Thanks! Jon
I never worry about what the manufacturer says or what others have done with engine/cowl distances or clearances. Each one is a little different. Mount your engine with the standoffs given and trial-fit your cowl to determine if you will have a reasonable fit, or if you need to add any further standoffs/washers or spacers. I mounted a DLE-40 Twin. I mounted the engine on the supplied standoffs then fit the cowl and attached it so I had about a 1/8" clearance between the spinner back-plate and the front of the cowl. Interestingly enough, there was enough room underneath the cowl-blisters on the side to completely hid the plugs and plug wires/caps. Actually had to relieve some clearance for the mufflers for reach cylinder, but didn't turn out too bad.