RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ziroli 1/6 Hellcat Build
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2019, 06:57 PM
DaleCS

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wing center section - bottom sheeted, bomb pylons fitted and removeable gear bay covers fitted. Haven't posted anything, lately, due to some home repair projects and winter illnesses.

Struggling a bit with ideas for mounting the belly pan. Have been sanding edges to fit curvature of wing center section underside - getting close to having this done. Wanted a 'blind' mount where screws/bolts wouldn't be visible. Nylon bolts, or even steel (for balance purposes) through the firewall at the front are an obvious choice. But holding up the rear portion of the pan, I'm a bit stuck. Had though of dowel pins, through the rear pan former into the mating fuse former, but not seeing how this is going to work, not that I'm fitting, moving parts around. Maybe if the were spring loaded pins....but how to retract them when I need to remove the pan?

Have seen where some have glued the pan to the wing center section, then have holes cut for accessing the 4 wing mounting bolts. Would like to avoid these holes.

Ideas? If you have examples, please attach a link in your comments.

BTW: Looks like my wheel covers leftover from my Byron won't work - the 'pocket' isn't deep enough, so the covers aren't flush with the wing bottom.

Thanks!