RCU Forums - View Single Post - JR 12X flap sys question
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2019, 06:47 PM
planenutzz

Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by AWorrest
Where do you want the lever to be positioned when the flaps are closed? Lever position when the flaps are fully deployed? Do you need the flaps to reflex upwards? Do you want the auto land capability? How much flap servo travel do you need, +/- 100% or 0% to 100%?

When I set the flaps up on my 12X to see what it took to get them working with the lever, I took a very quick approach by assuming the flaps were closed at the lever detent or half way position and open at the lever extreme positions. You may want something different.
Allan
Flaps up (closed) lever is fully up
Half flap is on the indent
Full flap the lever is fully down.

Actual % of throw is imaterials as I will adjust to suit. Not after autoland. I simply want to be ale to have elevator trim applied accross the range of flap movement. If I could use FLAP SYS then that would do it but as I can not use the flap lever in FLAP SYS I have to use a mix as a work around.

I currently have such a mix but it only works on full flaps, so if somebody can advise how I can elevator trim accross the range of flap movement that would be appreciated.
thanks
cheers
P