RCU Forums - View Single Post - Help me decide on my first RC car/truck/buggy!
Old 02-05-2019, 06:44 PM
bill_delong

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

Oh man, that's really hard to say, generally most quality 1/10 SCT's are based on 1/8 Buggy platforms to begin with and the Senton 6S is no exception here where both options offer comparable 4S power. It's really splitting hairs but in general I feel that the Senton 6S will be a pinch more durable mostly because it includes a few more upgraded metal parts and the biggest difference is the Senton includes threaded shocks. Open wheel designs will tend to be a little less durable, the SCT provides better protection with larger front/rear bumpers, however the SCT body will tend to take the brunt of the abuse and the SCT bodies will tend to need replacement more frequently than the DB body. For the most part you can't go wrong with either choice, if one is more appealing than the other, then I say go for the one that looks better to you.

My only concern with the Senton 6S is that is comes with 2 x 2S packs in series which will require a little more effort to ensure they are swapped out between each use, more info here:
SMC - LVC Adjustments and Packs in Series ( I would encourage you to replace with a single 4S pack eventually)

Another bonus with the SCT is it will be less likely to require marshaling, if you land on the side, simply turn the front wheel into the ground and blip the throttle to get the SCT back on all fours, you won't be able to do this with the DB.