RCU Forums - View Single Post - First Place Engines 2.4 - Replacement Carb?
Old 02-07-2019, 06:18 AM
KCCraig
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Truckracer
I currently have (2) Brison 2.4 engines and have owned the FPE 2.4 in the past. All good engines but I much prefer the Brison over the FPE for several personal preference reasons. Still own a FPE 4.2.

Which ignition does your FPE 2.4 have? They came with either the Ridge Ignition or the CH. The CH, synchro spark equipped version was more powerful by quite a bit due to the Ridge being fixed timing with less than optimal advance for max power. Both versions ran well and were quality engines.

Regarding Brison, their website is horribly out of date. The current owner in Canada hasn't produced a lot of engines since they took over the company from Gary. None of these engines are seen much these days as it is almost impossible for them to produce engines at a price that competes with the Chinese engines. Just the cylinder and piston alone can cost almost as much as some of the cheaper Chinese engines. Hard to stay in business with that kind of competition regardless of quallity. Some of the popular Sachs cylinders and parts these engines used are also no longer available.
Trump may change these conditions with his trade policy with China.