RCU Forums - View Single Post - 18 MZ Timer Speech
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2019, 03:43 PM
Len
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Bill,
I believe there should be a “Fuel” counter in the Futaba system at the very least for the 18MZ. Several Xicoy products have this and its a vastly more complex system than what Futaba needs to do. Simply put we RC pilots use timers so as not to runout of fuel, be it gas, kero, glow, or electrons. The products I rely upon in my turbines use the fuel pump voltage to accelerate or decelerate a counter and the telemetry display is a fuel percentage remaining on board. They are initially set up using a variable factor to allow for different size engines etc. using the same or different pumps. None of this is very complex, quite simple to set up too, and after a flight or two the variable is adjusted to ultimately yield accuracy well within 5%, which is way more accuracy than we require. How tough could it be to have a counter in the 18MZ that is variable rate changeable and mixed to the throttle stick, with a display on the Tx screen? Seems simple enough, but I guess there are factors of which I am unaware, because I have been suggesting this to Futaba for several years, without response.

Anyway thought you might pass this along to the powers that be...
Thanks,
Len