RCU Forums - View Single Post - MOKI RADIAL Care and Maintenence
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2019, 05:50 PM
jimboq8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LRFitch
Guys, I need a little help. I am mounting an old 215 MOKI to the firewall of a 41% Pitts Model 12 biplane. My current question is about how best to control the choke on the MOKI. As you are aware, the choke is about flush with the rear of the mounting bell, so very near the firewall. It appears the control rod (with ball link) needs to exit to the rear of the engine through the large hole in the firewall? I'd prefer to open and close the choke manually without a servo, but not sure I know how best to install all the linkage. Can some of you experienced MOKI users show or state how best to do this. The engine is covered with a round cowl, so I'd need the pushrod for actuation must be outside the cowl, or maybe inside the cockpit area. The cockpit area is covered with a canopy, so something under the fuse would likely be best?

Thanks,
Larry Fitcfh

yeah same as above, come straight out the back of the firewall about an inch or so and use a 90 degrees bell crank and come out the side of the plane. We use the dubro bell cranks for throttles on gas boats aswell and are very reliable.