RCU Forums - View Single Post - P 51d mustang 60cc hangar 9 build
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2019, 06:15 PM
CaptRKO
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So...mine arrived today in very nice condition....very little wrinkles or dents like the earlier production airplanes. I also want to make sure that everyone READS the next statement.

I GOT A COCKPIT KIT.... this confirms it is still included in the kit, maybe not available to order by itself but it was included in my kit.

I am very happy and the overall covering and finish...MUCH better then the one I bought back in 2015.

I am missing the Rudder, and the cockpit canopy frame....no where to be found. Bummer (but I will email Tower Hobbies and I am sure they will take care of it.)

Still trying to narrow down an engine choice. I know about overheating issues with the Pitts style muffler and the carb. The Evolution G-62 was no good the last time around, I believe my airplane I build it 2015 is still flying and now has a DLE-55RA. I was thinking maybe a DLE-61 and use a Bennett muffler but NOT a Pitts, cut the cowl and let the side mounted muffler setup do its job and keep eveything cooler. Not sure....just want to avoid heating issues--yes I know about making a baffle but I think the issue with this tight cowl is the exhaust and carb getting all the heat and not escaping.

Anyhow.....lets get to building "round 2"