RCU Forums - View Single Post - FAA requiring outside markings now
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2019, 04:38 PM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

This all was inevitable once they made drones anyone can fly without any experience or training with new technology etc. I'm going to simply put a tiny sticker on the bottom of my fuse somewhere on my jets. Let them find it. I've complied to the letter of the law and that's all they get for now until they change it. My bet is one day we are all going to be required to have numbers on our tails.... That will suck. But, I will still comply if it allows me to keep flying.

Is there a potential problem for the full scale commercial pilots out there?? Could non compliance affect their commercial license in a negative way? Does one FAA offense reflect on the other FAA stuff? Especially on a crash that causes property damage or worse a death? I bet there is some fine print in the regs somewhere that can adversly affect a full scale pilot for non compliance. And even if they did comply, their number is on a model that crashes and someone turns it into the FFA for an investigation. Does that create a new problem for a full scale pilot?

The mind wonders how far a government left to it's devices can go.