RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA EC Key Measures of Performance - Last 15yrs
Old 02-21-2019, 04:01 PM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Hydro Junkie
As far as Appowner sniveling, I don't see how asking a question is sniveling.
He is not an AMA member as such has no right to even ask questions of an organization he has no stake in. Sniveling is the only way to describe it. No different than a nosy neighbor who thinks he has the right to interject in your family affairs.

I could ask you the same questions, Propworm.
1) Do you "give" the AMA money every year, for them to waste on things that don't benefit you or any other member, such as the planned indoor flying facility?

Nope I belong to MAAC smaller with the same problems with things like declining enrollment etc. but I do benefit greatly from my association with the AMA.
2) Do you like getting a magazine that is giving information and such that is as much as six months out of date with nothing current and costing millions of dollars a year to produce?
I do purchase the magazine when I notice it on the shelf at the local US hobby shop I go to. Our magazine is also a few months behind the times as it takes time to edit and put the magazine together. Especially when you are dependent on so many different people who must submit the articles. Many times an editor must chase down whoever is supposed to submit. The magazine is the legal communication of the organization. There are certain things such as your annual general meeting, district meeting etc that must reach each and every member and not everyone has or wants email. Your magazine is most likely the only legal way to accomplish this.
3) Do you routinely fly at the flying field in Muncie, using the facilities that you pay property taxes on as well as the costs to keep the facilities maintained by a full time grounds crew?
Not as of yet though now I just about have my truck, truck camper and trailer/toy box finalized and with a pending retirement fully intend on making Muncie for your NATS as a participant. In the mean time I have been traveling about your wonderful country flying at as many different fields as I can find.
4) Do you write to, email or call the AMA's office to ask how and why they are spending money on things that make no fiscal or common sense?
Nope but I have often emailed for information and each time have received a timely, polite reply.
If you answered YES to the first and NO to the last three questions, they AMA is playing you for a fool, taking your money and telling you what a great value you're getting when, in actuality, all you're really getting is overpriced secondary insurance that may or may not pay, depending on the claim and an out of date magazine that isn't worth the paper it's printed on