RCU Forums - View Single Post - Super Duellist 2/60 Build
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2019, 03:05 AM
mgp1970

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default No no no

No way in hell would this model be nice with a gasser or electric.....grrrrrr bloody battery boys!
OK OK OK This model COULD be nice Electric.

Some things that really annoy me so far with the build -
Making the fuse different to the tried and trusted formers and sides meeting in one.
FFS this thing will be super quick, no need to glue the formers to a board and build around them to be more streamlined!?!?
No main spar for the wing?!?
REALLY!?!?! When the wing also has x2 nacelles and motors upon it!?!?
Leading edge - OMFG argh! I today MADE MY OWN leading edge tool to make same. No balsa company makes that size anymore. How about a tooth on the front of the ribs mating a square balsa piece and then the wing sheeting meets on that and can be sanded EASILY to shape?!
Oh no.....you would rather a tapered rib from centre to tip that of course has to fit the profile of the nacelle that is built separately to the wing and or model lol....um, yeah ok........

Originally Posted by Twin_Flyer
For some reason RCU stopped notifying me of forum updates and just now (!!) saw your post, looks great.

I think I agree that DLE wouldn't be a good fit for this plane and the lines it has.

Bill S.

YA THINK!?!?!?!?!

CAN I PLEASE TALK TO RECENT BUILDERS OF THIS MODEL!?!?!? YOU ARE ALLOWED TO PM OR EMAIL FIRST WITHOUT MY PRIOR CONSENT YES!!!

Last edited by mgp1970; 02-22-2019 at 03:56 AM. Reason: ****s and giggles???!?!??