RCU Forums - View Single Post - Anyone use Orange Rx or Futaba 2.4 compatible Rx
Old 02-22-2019, 05:52 PM
jbeech

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

When receivers approached $200 a pop I decided to look around. While I've no personal experience with the Orange-brand, plenty of guys at my field use them in a lot of models besides cheapo foamies. Me? Nothing against Spektrum, it's just that I've been using Futaba transmitters so long I'm almost hardwired for setting up a model in one - to the point I can probably do it in my sleep!

Meanwhile, I'm in the servo making business but have zero interest in offering anything else for radio systems, e.g. receivers. Of course, this doesn't stop me from looking at them closely and deciding whether something looks good enough, or not is second nature. After my first experience with the FrSky 8-channel receiver, I've kept on buying them. The point is, I have zero financial interest in sharing my experience.

And note; unlike servos where mechanical components are a huge part of the overall component, a receiver card is assembled with automated placers on a conveyor using surface mount components. Manual labor is basically limited to snapping the cards apart into individual boards, running a test routine to verify function, then slipping them into a plastic receiver case. E.g. they're so simple there's basically nothing to go wrong. Anyway, those FrSky receivers are cheap and work well for me.