RCU Forums - View Single Post - Toystore Replacement - Looking for a step up
Old 03-03-2019, 03:55 PM
txczshooter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RustyUs
Yes. What you got going for you is the two hobby shops carrying parts for for all the brands you have listed. Bonus!

I would first recommend deciding on what style/platform you like best i.e., short course trucks, monster trucks, buggy, or stadium trucks. Start there, and then decide whether or not you want 4wd, because now you have upped the ante with "in this realm of $220 or less". I don't think there is a terrible RC from any of the brands you listed. Every RC has it's share of little issues I think. The problem comes when a person gets bored with so-so speed and then dumps too much power into the RC...finding out they need to upgrade something else to keep up with the power plant.
Yeah, when I realized that 1/18th scale was not practical, staying at $100 wasn't either. The problem is I want them all. I think this has fueled a new frenzy, which I was afraid of. I don't see us ever racing, but it seems like the short course is kind of a balance between stadium and monster. Need to stop worrying about choosing "wrong", and think of it as an exploration. I've only ever had 2wd buggies. I'll be driving mostly on pavement and dirt with some mild jumping. They'll probably all do that fine.