RCU Forums - View Single Post - The Tanker's Lounge
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2019, 06:26 PM
mixtli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Torro Tanks

I have to post my experience w purchase from Torro. I bought 3 1/16 scale tigers level 4 for about $800. I selected 3 unique paint schemes of the Tiger and got 2 the same because I clicked on the images of the website and didn't see the small model no. on the bottom which didn't match with the picture... and they came with pieces/parts missing, One of the tanks was damaged ..looks like it was used and returned. The sound box was broken off and the smoke plastic tube was broken. Motors in this same tank are older and slower than the other 2. Accessory bag was open missing parts. On the website the IR receivers and rechargeable batteries are included... but they were not. Power supply was European, had to buy batteries and new chargers.
I emailed about upgrades waiting for them to arrive... incomplete and slow response. I emailed them after opening the boxes to discover all the problems above and no reply. I guess they figure I"m too far away to do anything about it.. They were actually pretty fun for a week until one of the drive wheels split in half. I ordered a metal replacement from Taigen but the track keeps coming off... looks like an alignment issue. Again, the same tank that appeared well used.
I guess there's nothing i can do since i stupidly bought from Europe and not local dealer. Just don't make the same mistake I did,..