RCU Forums - View Single Post - Rc Car conversions from nitro to electric
Old 03-15-2019, 01:58 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

For me, I would not have a problem using that combo. It's a lower budget motor and ESC. I have not first hand use of the speed control. I have used many motors like that Racestar only not that size, and happy with each and every one of them. Lots of lower budget gear are put into my RCs, because I have other RCs to run if something fails. I If I wanted a well known quality ESC; that I can count on, my first choice is Hobbywing. Even their lower priced EZRun & Quicrun components are great. You can find the Hobbywing EZRun WP-SC8 for just under $60, but you probably won't get a warranty because of not buying through one of Hobbywing's authorized dealers.

Enough about that.

From your other posts, with pictures of the Tower Terror chassis, I have to say you probably got some work cut out for you to rig something up to use as an adjustable motor mount. I'd say that's going to be your biggest challenge. I don't have the machinery/tools/patience to scratch build something for my RCs...not worthy enough of a photo shoot anyway. Maybe you got the notion and know how to construct something between those two vertical chassis plates. More power to you!