RCU Forums - View Single Post - Knowledge Quiz for Warbird wiz
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2019, 01:20 PM
Ernie P.
My Feedback: (3)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by H5606
Gone and forgotten. Its just like human nature across the board I suppose - to not identify with what goes on behind the scenes to do a job and not be recognized.

Guess I'm a hypocrite for subsidizing Hollywood the amount that came out of the admission cost of ~ $3.75 for this waste of time, piece-of-krap movie. Remember making someone wait through the end credits to see if there was any acknowledgment for Mr. Scholl. You'd think I really enjoyed the show. Really not.

Regarding the warbird quiz:

Suspicions had me take a look at the 1957 "Jet Pilot" Vimeo trailer flying compilation with Holst The Planets, Mars soundtrack and really enjoyed those (excellent quality) sequences and aircraft so much in comparison to the garbage in 1986's "Top Gun". Understand Mr. Hughes was obsessed with getting the flying shots just right. Good luck all.
Sir; not everyone recognizes the name Art Scholl or his role in the making of Top Gun. Perhaps you would care to elucidate? And I thought there was some acknowledgement of Mr. Scholl within the movie. Is my memory faulty? All I know about his fatal crash is that he indicated by radio he had a "problem", then "a real problem", before the crash. Obviously a mechanical malfunction is suspected; but since they never recovered the wreckage no one knows for sure. Can you shed more light on things? Thanks; Ernie P.

Last edited by Ernie P.; 03-16-2019 at 01:22 PM.