RCU Forums - View Single Post - Growth: Whose responsiblity is it?
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2019, 05:29 PM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

I feel confident in what the AMA has emailed me when I have asked. I feel confident flying among a bunch of club members who regularly exceed 400 ft. I think APPY spends to much time at his keyboard hijacking others threads to throw rocks at the AMA like a spiteful child.

I apologize to the op for lowering myself to his level and contributing to the hijacking of this thread. I honestly don’t know who has the responsibility to grow the hobby and I can’t say for sure if there is a responsibility to grow the hobby. For me I am originally self taught but enjoy sharing what I know with anyone else. I also like to learn from others hobby wise. At present my club has tasked me to come up with some sort of mentoring program. I think I have to get my head around what is a mentor before I can come up with anything. Heck I have seen beginners helping other beginners starting and tuning their engines, charging batteries, getting out and putting together each others airplanes. Isn’t this too a type of mentoring? Where does it start?

Dennis