RCU Forums - View Single Post - Saito FG-60R3
Thread: Saito FG-60R3
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2019, 06:19 PM
MDavis28

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default First flight of the year

Got my P-47 out today. I got 4 flights in on the Fg-60. First flight went great except for the landing. We had a dead cross wind and even with chopping to throttle down to idle I kept over shooting the runway. I ended up cutting the ignition unfortunately it ballooned real hard as soon as I did and slammed on the runway. No damage thank goodness.

Two things i noticed in this flight. The plane was “slicker” today and I only needed 1/2 throttle. I was really trying to keep the rpm down and not over rev it. Every time I looked at my telemetry read out the temps were around 270 ish or cooler. The engine was on point today. So I will say that I did change my oil mix. I changed it from Stihl Ultra HP to Redline racing oil. I got it from my motorcycle dealer here in town. I didn’t retune the motor on the low side but I did richen up the high speed two clicks. Also I did have to lower my idle trim a good bit so it wouldn’t roll by itself. All in all I had a great day of flying the 60R3. Here is a pic of my telemetry after a flight. Again I was lowering throttle in dives and not going over 75% throttle.