RCU Forums - View Single Post - Growth: Whose responsiblity is it?
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2019, 06:11 AM
Stickslammer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

fliers1, I agree with the answer that Mr. Brown gave to his question "Growth, Who`s responsibility is it?", is that it is a responsibility shared by all of us. As a member of a club, I would be doing the hobby a great disservice by making a newcomer feel the least bit unwelcome by demonstrating the often mentioned "cliquish" behavior. As a consumer of R/C goods, I feel like I would be doing the hobby a disservice by not buying from my local hobby shop in order to save a buck or two. Sadly for more and more of us this is no longer a choice. Also, I`ve witnessed first hand on this forum less than friendly behavior towards newbies that join this forum that may have just gone away scratching their heads. Please don`t ask me to quote when and where but we all have seen it at one time or another.
By the way, I commend you on your unfailing effort of goodwill ambassadorship with your mentoring and standing offer of teaching anyone to fly. If I am ever in the area I`d love to look you up and maybe swap some stories and do some flying.