RCU Forums - View Single Post - Which models suit an O.S. 50 cc or Saito 50 cc twin cylinger engine
Old 03-24-2019, 10:19 PM
maxiemac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Which models suit an O.S. 50 cc or Saito 50 cc twin cylinger engine

Hi - I have O.S. FT300 50 cc and Saito FA300T 50 cc twin cylinder engines and have difficulty finding suitable scale models with cowls wide enough to fit them in.

Each motor is 9-1/2" (240 mm) wide - The OS port cylinder leads the starboard cylinder so when allowing for right thrust the left exhaust pipe is forward and needs a cowl big enough for it to fit - the Saito port cylinder trails the other side and both exhausts exit below each cylinder so is an easier fit.

I need models with a cowl about 9-3/4" (250 mm) wide and between 3-1/4" to 4-1/4" distance from behind the spinner back plate to allow a clearance fit for the cylinder heads.

I have a Saito in a Hangar 9 Cap232 but last week I broke it in two - I also have an O.S. 40 cc twin in a Sportsman Aviation Corby Starlet, this model has plenty of room for the OS twin.

I am not in need of any more Extra 300 type models and I have seen a 1/3rd scale SIG Spacewalker with a Saito 50 cc twin fitted and it looked good - but do I need one of them - maybe.

Looking for suggestions, preferably ARF.

Many thanks - maxiemac - (from the land down under)

Last edited by maxiemac; 03-25-2019 at 05:23 PM.