RCU Forums - View Single Post - Question about turning in banking
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2019, 09:27 AM
Top_Gunn
My Feedback: (6)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
Without the OP's participation in this thread ( who can blame him for not returning ) we really don't know exactly what he is trying to accomplish. The point that I would like to make and I think it is an important one to not only seasoned pilots but beginners as well is that in most cases a poor trait can be adjusted out of the airplane. These are models so we have the ability to make them fly exactly the way we want them to. A good example of that is a Cub that I had a few years ago that I would occasionally fly at my sailplane club. It was fun for a while seeing people's expressions while watching a Cub fly rolling circles. The expression " that doesn't fly like a Cub " was used more then once. The Cub was eventually sold off to someone who flew it as a Cub, example, he didn't put any differential into it so it needed rudder for coordinated turns, he had the CG slightly forward for some positive pitch stability etc. We both flew different setups that changed the personality of the airplane. The same goes for undesired characteristics, simply adjust them out.
That's certainly true. Is there anything in the OP's post that even hints that his plane has a poor trait? It seems to me that he's asking about how airplanes are normally turned. Besides which, is there any reasonably common "poor trait" that can be even partly overcome by using opposite rudder in ordinary banked turns?