RCU Forums - View Single Post - Taigen JS-2 initial impressions
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2019, 11:47 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Dusty Steppes
Using a hobby grade radio with the stock electronics does not interest me as I will be upgrading the electronics and rewiring it to make this compatible with the Tamiya battle system. I only mentioned the loss of the mg and remote switching of the smoke for those that may want to keep the original electronics but use a hobby grade radio. If someone has a hobby grade radio that supports multiple models they could eliminate having a dedicated transmitter for each tank and if the mg and smoker worked they would not lose any of the tanks functions possibly resulting in a higher demand for your product.
Yea aftermarket radios and the tanking community absolutely do not make sense. I'm not sure why anyone would want to use the stock TX over their own in any form or fashion, but to each his own. If Taigen would of listened to me 100% the board would of been much different. However I cannot always get what I want Personally I only use the stock transmitters when we precheck tanks or if I am doing a repair, my transmitter is VERY well loved and sees use every day. In fact I'm about to rely on it for a big media event I'm filming this weekend here in FL. I also run 915MHz as well, I stopped using 2.4 a long time ago and never looked back. I do believe I was also the first person to do a Crossfire controlled tank too. Personally I think Open Panzer got it right with the radio input and setup, that was super easy to do and assign commands.
Originally Posted by Dusty Steppes
The only thing I need is a replacement barrel for the damaged turret mg. I suspect that you probably don't have , but will soon have spare parts for this particular model. We can settle up when you do get the parts in stock.
Thanks!
Actually I do have a bag of them somewhere send me an email on the site and remind me and I'll take a look. I was out the first half of the day today so I'm trying to catch up on what I missed right now.