RCU Forums - View Single Post - What’s coming 2019?
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2019, 07:19 PM
camss69
My Feedback: (46)

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by flejter1
I have talked in length with T-One about building Micro T-1 sized semi scale jets. The problem we have, is the cost of building jet molds is not cheap. They thought going to a wood & mono coat wing option (like many other factories are building)for the Micro T1 would help keep the cost down. I was against it because to me, mono coat does not belong on jets as it just really makes the jet look like a cheap POS and who wants to keep ironing mono coat, or have mono coat peeling off. After the wood wing was finished, they agreed and scrapped the wing because that product quality is not T-One quality and they are not going to take a step backwards. So back to the discussion, to keep the price competitive with the mono coat jets, it doesn't add up to build them as they need to recoup the investment and still make some profit at the end of the day or they close the doors. I personally would, and I think a customer would be willing to pay a little more to have a T-One quality, full composite jet that will last a life time vs a cheaper mono coat or foamy. So lets open the discussion, if you could buy a Micro sized, full composite, semi scale jet, would you be willing to pay $1,300.00- $1,600.00 for it with gear, tank, pipe, hardware, fully painted? I was thinking F-86, T-33, Mig15 maybe F-18. What says you??

Dirk

Dirk
Personally I wouldn’t be interested in a “micro” sized scale jet but Mini or slightly bigger than Mini I absolutely would. My T-One Mini gets real small real quick and I really wouldn’t be interested in anything smaller. I was really interested in that new Eflite F4 Phantom but then after seeing it in person decided it was too small. I was also interested in the T-One F16 you already have but after seeing it side by side with the T-One Mini I think it’s too small for me as well. The bigger stuff you’re doing like the T50 and the Yak look amazing, but they are out of my price range unfortunately. But a $2200-$2500 F18? Man! Of course that’s what I’m wishing for, I’m not a market expert an any way obviously lol.