RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top-Flite 1/5th F4U Corsair ARF Group Build and modification thread
Old 04-10-2019, 07:10 PM
dusturbd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Nicastro

I does fit.
I have seen it installed and working before. I have one but have not installed it because I’d have to undo my custom servo installation, rudder servo in back above the gear.

I’d suggest you do it so the tail isn’t so low to the ground especially on grass. I had to modify the Robart gear to increase the height and just clear the door opening at the back.
Originally Posted by Chris Nicastro
Interesting, a little heavy.
If you have never flown this plane on the heavy side then you’re going to notice the weight almost immediately. Mine balances on the aluminum wing spar with the stab level, gear down and tank dry. In this configuration I can land with low fuel and the plane is very docile and easy to handle. If it was more nose heavy then the landings will get more sporty and less comfortable.
So just a suggestion, at the new weight, take it up high and do some stalls and dirty approaches with a couple flap settings so you can get the feel of it. It was very different from the light configuration for me and I had to figure it out. It reminded me of the H9 Corsair in the way it handled heavy on approach.

Happy landings, keep us posted and I hope you get video!
it was my understanding you where to balance the Corsair with the gear up to better replicate actual flying configuration?