RCU Forums - View Single Post - Taigen JS-2 initial impressions
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2019, 08:20 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

I got my JS2 the other day and kind of have mixed emotions. There was some good stuff and some not so good. First the good:

I really like the new sound set. The engine sounds great, the startup is great, and the secondary sounds, like elevation and rotation are also very, very good. It's a solid and good running tank and I like that part. I also like the way Imex packages things. My tank arrived with absolutely no damage and I like the fact that they check every tank and then add additional precautions, like taping down all the hatches and using foam in between the box for the tank and the shipping box.

Now the bad, and these are just personal observations that others might not have a problem with:

Whoever had the bright idea to make this tank so that you cannot turn it on or off unless the turret is rotated 90° deserves a good swift kick. I do not like rotating the turret by hand and I don't care if they say it can take it I still don't like it. It's not that big a deal, I'll just relocate the switch, but I still think it was a bad idea to put it under that hatch. The next thing I had a minor problem with was the tow cables. I'm not sure why they decide to attach them without coloring them, but getting them disconnected without breaking or cracking on those little tabs is an exercise. One that I failed miserably at. I think they should either make them the right color and attach them or leave them unattached. I also wish they would make a plastic turret for this tank. I have a feeling that the flimsy upper Hull is going to be a problem with that heavy metal turret on it down the road. I suppose I'll have to look into some kind of bracing for the upper.

Last is the paint. I usually expect that I'll have to repaint any tank that I buy, but I really wish they would stop trying to weather these things. The mud on my tank doesn't look like mud that got splattered on a tank, it looks like somebody flicked paint on it. Again, nothing I can't fix but I would have been much happier if the tank came just painted green.

So I've decided that since I wasn't completely happy with the js2 there's only one way to make myself feel better, and that is to order a new Panzer IV. I just hope they have the summer camo in stock. I laughed when Eric mentioned that he lives in Florida and prefers winter camo. I live in Detroit and really don't like the winter camo. I guess it's just a matter of personal preference. So if you're watching, Erik, you can expect to hear from me today or Monday to order a Panzer 4.