RCU Forums - View Single Post - the out runner motor blues
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2019, 10:22 PM
Jgwright

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Captainbob
How would one go about controlling a 3 phase DC out runner motor without going thru the throttle channel or some other channel?
I have been experimenting with developing a working hydraulic system for my model airplanes. the systems so far have used a turbine model fuel pump. these pumps are very expensive, around 400. dollars. I have found a pump made in China that is intended for construction equipment modelers for around $125 but the speed control provided with the motor requires the use of one r/c radio channel. This is not necessary on my system as the pump is simply "on'' or "off" and this function is controlled automatically by a pressure switch. Call for the gear "up" and the pump comes on and runs until the gear cycle is finished then shuts off when the pressure reaches 100 psi.
How can I do the same thing using an outrunner motor?

This is easy to do and much cheaper than you have been doing it. Go to www.magomrc.com. They do both brushed and brushless pumps with integrated tanks for 98 euro if brushless or 91.99 euro for brushless. You need to look up the recent post on hydraulic systems for retracts where I showed the brushless system working using a pressure switch.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-j...-retracts.html

We all have plenty of channels these days so using one channel to arm a brushless system is not really an issue.

John