RCU Forums - View Single Post - FAA's "Buzzy the Drone" campaign .....
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2019, 02:13 AM
fliers1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie

My first thought is that as a federal agency the FAA is better funded to do such a campaign. You did not mention what media outlet you saw " Buzzy ". Depending on that it may reach a limited audience where as the AMA website is available for review 24/7. Don't take this as me not supporting the efforts of the FAA as I do feel it a step in the right direction. I however do not see this as a valid reason to disregard the AMA again. AMA has for decades maintained their safety code and has made it available to anyone who wants it. The AMA website is full of great information for those who want it.

Question is, why did drones get so popular so fast and why is fixed wing flying fading?
With 1 million(?) drones being registered, and that fact creating so many problems for seemingly everyone involved, wouldn't it help the cause if the well funded FAA encouraged the public to get into fixed wing flying more so than quad copters? This would possibly solve everyone's problems, starting with the cash strapped AMA. A win-win for everyone. How many people does television reach as compared to Model Aviation magazine, which only members receive?
Sorry, I forgot the AMA website.
I don't think the public knows or if they do know, really cares. I am a 47 year AMA member.

Last edited by fliers1; 04-19-2019 at 02:48 AM.