RCU Forums - View Single Post - HL M41 Bulldog fat head
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2019, 03:42 PM
Fsttanks

Received 251 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by JREEVES
Your talent speaks for itself. I find it refreshing to see the creativity without the obsession to make everything perfectly scale and essentially too delicate too use and abuse. A static model is great if you're satisfied with a piece to admire and dust! I'd love to buy more spare parts from Aliexpress, but the hobby budget limits that indulgence to once a month. One day I'd like to copy one of your designs.
The log is a mixed blessing, choose the wrong stick and it dries out and breaks from hard knocks!
I don't build mine to be perfect examples and museum pieces just to be a little better looking and interesting than stock, though I can and have built many museum quality level models over the last 40 years. I build mine like you said, to be used and abused, which means not waisting time on a lot of little things that will either break off when driven through brush or rubbing against rocks, or be covered in dirt and mud in short order. I can and do respect the time and hard work put into a highly detailed builds as we each have our own "itch to scratch".

Your work is far ahead of what you think it to be. You are doing and trying things many others are either unable, or too afraid to try for fear of what others might think or say. In this hobby outside the box builds and methods are often shunned by the old time hobbyist, but embraced by the newer hobbyist. Just have fun and build what you want, the desire to build super accurate and detailed will come in time and you will use all the skills learned while having fun building outside the box.