RCU Forums - View Single Post - Saito FG-60R3
Thread: Saito FG-60R3
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2019, 06:48 AM
Timbers
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Morris Conversion

If Morris doesn't answer just call him he will pick up the phone. I just went through the conversion on my smaller FG-19R3 radial (I haven't done my FG-60R3 yet since it runs rather well and I'm not concerned about it yet).

Anyways what you are saying is your carb screws no longer line up when sliding your carb onto Morris' intake right? This is because his carb isolator is too long. You will need to find someone with a lathe, chuck up the entire intake, and turn the carb isloator down a bit so the carb fits on square and the mounting screws line up. This is what I needed to do. I could not remove his carb islolator. Its either glued in or pressed in really tight and I figured if I gripped it hard enough with a pliars I would crush it.

Did you buy the adjustable timing prop hub/ring too? Make sure you seat the prop hub (and ring too) first by putting the propeller on and tightening the entire assembly down so it presses the prop hub onto the engine squarely. Then use a little blue threadlock on the grub screw and tighten that down 2nd. If you tighten the grub screw first, then put your prop on, the prop hub will move backwards and drag the grub screw causing it to bend, and you will never get it out again without cutting the prop hub off. At least this was my experience with the 19, and I think the same will apply to the 60.

I did the conversion myself, no need to send it to him. It worked rather well on my FG-19R3 on the ground, I'm waiting for the rain to stop so I can try it in the air.

Originally Posted by Jeffryz
Cathurga, I am talking about the ID of the phenolic tube that the carb attaches to. See the pics below. I did not send my backplate to Morris. I purchased the new complete assembly. In the second pic you can see the shift in the set screw position. I put the long screws in just to show the positions.