RCU Forums - View Single Post - Chief Aircraft Marketing Gimmicks
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2019, 11:26 PM
IFLYBVM2
My Feedback: (360)

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Default +1

Originally Posted by obiwan12
I have ordered numerous times from Chief over the years for full scale and model equipment. I've never had a problem with them. If the OP had a stock problem, a quick call to speak to a representative in person is all that is needed to clarify stock status before placing an order.

Perhaps we have grown too accustomed to other companies such as amazon or tower hobbies inventory management software being point, click, ship. A lot of medium and small sized businesses can not justify the investment into continually improving IT infrastructure when the ROI isn't there.

Skymaster produces a much higher quality model than I currently have time to build or fabricate on my own at this point in my life. The only downside I see to them is that they are half a world away and the lead time to acquiring a model can be quite lengthy. With that said, whether it is 2 to 4 weeks or 6 months, it's still faster than the average modeler has time to construct a highly detailed model out of fiberglass in their shop.

If you wanted a model in stock and ready to ship to your door immediately, maybe one should have planned that sooner before the start of the outdoor flying season. Lastly, a well composed and articulated inquiry would also be more highly received by any individual for discussion instead of click bait for the forums.

Cheers!
+1
Purchased several planes/jets through Chief-any issues were handled after I called and asked for help.
We are dealing with custom built model airplanes built in China-it's not like Amazon.....
Just my opinion....