RCU Forums - View Single Post - Resurrecting a Great Plans 1/3 Scale Pitts Special ARF
Old 05-07-2019, 06:41 PM
erans

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

propstryker - I am glad to hear that some techniques will be of use for you. Having these forums these days provide the kind of information that is sometimes unobtainable in the local airfield, especially with the dominance of ARF and foam aeroplanes.
The fuel tank is held by two side "hook and Loop" from the local department store (used for gardening, to tie plants). This is wrapped around under the tray where a "stick on" hook and loop (Dubro #348) hold it in place under the tray and to the fuel tank itself. I use this same method for battery trays and receiver mounts.

Since posting the last photos, I made few changes in my attempts to resolve the power issue. I was suspecting that I get air bubbles from the filter attachment., While I was at it (replacing the fuel line to exclude the filter) I decided to move the fuel tank further back to the fuselage on a built new tray. Looking from the bottom it is mounted inverted to the tray. This change required to move the batteries make space, and new mounts were made for them to the fuselage side next to the wing saddle.

Cheers,
Eran