RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hanger 9 20cc P-51 Wing tube issue
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 06:40 AM
Sgs7111

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Hanger 9 20cc P-51 Wing tube issue

i recently purchased the Hanger 9 20cc P-51 ARF and found the wing tube is about a mm too small with an unacceptable fit. After working with Horizon Hobby tech support with no satisfaction, I wrote a review which was rejected by Horizon Hobby. I am posting my review and Horizon/Tower Hobbies response for your information. In their guidelines they state not to talk about service complaints. As you can see, the issue is the wing tube fit which was blown off by Tech Support. Their guidelines for reviews says not to complain about customer service, rather call them. Well I did and that got me nowhere. The complaint was about the wing tube fit and I basically was blown off.

Scott50,

Our staff has read your review and values your contribution even though it did not meet all our website guidelines. Thanks for sharing, and we hope to publish next time!

Great detailed ARF, but issue with wing tube fit

After
reading the reviews and checking out the details I purchased the Hanger 9 P-51 along with the 85 deg. Eflite retracts. I was just as impressed as the other reviews have stated about the excellent packaging when I opened the box. The attention to detail and overall appearance of the P-51 is excellent. Can't wait to finish it and fly. I do have a complaint about the wing tube and the response I got from Horizon Hobby Tech support. The wind tube is about a millimeter too small. A very loose unacceptable fit in the fuselage and the wings. I contacted Horizon Hobby and they sent me a new wing tube. Same problem! I contacted Tech Support again and they asked me to send a video clip of the problem. I did that and their response was that I had two choices. Return it or do a work around with tape to fatten the wing tube. I was not satisfied with this response and told them they need to fix the root-cause and send me one that fits properly. At that point I was blown off. They sent me a third wing tube which was exactly as the others. I had already started construction and decided I wanted to keep it and do the work-around. Seems obvious this is a fundamental problem, so if you can't live with the work around, don't purchase this ARF.

This email was sent by: Tower Hobbies