RCU Forums - View Single Post - old timers look here must be 50+ years only
Old 05-18-2019, 06:06 PM
ETpilot

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Donny, yep mowing season is upon us. I still have much to do but weather is not helpful. The humidity was awful today. Worse to come. Lol. Any B-58 that landed at another base, usually a recovery team was sent out to bring it home. I did a few of those. It was a highly sophisticated airplane. Being a flight crew member would have been fun. We also has KC-135’s. I always thought being a boom operator would have been good duty.

The weather was on and off rain showers most of the day. The Barksdale air show lucked out on the weather. The Canadian Snowbirds were flying, saw them on local TV. I’ve seen them before. Weather system passing us now 8:30PM. Much later than forecast and not as bad as forecast.

I spent time in the shop. I reloaded my sanding blocks with new paper. They needed it. Then assembled the plane for a CG check. It came out just inside the rear CG mark, 7.5 pounds. So good to go. Still have a couple of thing to do up front then start covering. Forgot I still have to do ailerons too. Good progress here. Finally.